Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IGCAS) was founded in 1966. Since its founding, IGCAS has made more than 260 major scientific achievements including the prestigious first prizes in Chinese State Natural Science Awards. Besides, IGCAS has not only established and developed many sub-disciplines of geochemistry, but also trained a large number of high-level talents in geochemistry, while contributing significantly to the national economy and the growth of Earth sciences.
Currently, IGCAS consists of 324 regular staff members including two CAS Academicians. There are four research divisions in IGCAS, namely, State Key Laboratory of Ore Deposit Geochemistry (SKLODG), State Key Laboratory of Environmental Geochemistry (SKLEG), Laboratory for High Temperature and High Pressure Study of the Earth's Interior (LHTHPSEI), and Lunar and Planetary Science Research Center (LPSRC).
To meet the needs of CAS Knowledge Innovation Program and the institute’s development during the“12th Five-Year Plan”, IGCAS sincerely solicits outstanding candidates for the positions of “Recruitment Program of Foreign Experts” (RPFE) which is a sub-program of the “Recruitment Program of Global Experts” (1000 Talent Plan).
1. Departments and research fields for the opening positions
State Key Laboratory of Ore Deposit Geochemistry (SKLODG)
Structural Geology, Mineralogy, Petrology, Remote Sensing, Geochemistry (Geophysics) Exploration, Geology of Ore Deposits, Geochemistry of Ore Deposits, Theoretical Geochemistry, Analytical Chemistry
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Geochemistry (SKLEG)
Biogeochemistry, Ecology, Soil Science, Analytical Chemistry and Instrumental Analysis, Plant Ecology, Non-tradition Stable Isotope Geochemistry
Laboratory for High Temperature and High Pressure Study of the Earth's Interior (LHTHPSEI)
Solid Earth Sciences, High Temperature and High Pressure Experimental Sciences, Physical Chemistry, Electroanalytical Chemistry, Spectroscopy, Process of Solar Wind, Surface Environment of Planets and the Moon, Monitoring Technology and Equipment, Monitoring Technology, Instrumental Analysis, Physics, Electronics, etc.
Lunar and Planetary Science Research Center (LPSRC)
Planetary Sciences, Process of Solar Wind, Surface Environment of Planets and the Moon, Monitoring Technology and Equipment, Monitoring Technology
● Non-Chinese foreign experts under the age of 65；
● Holding a position of Full Professor or other equivalent positions in the well-known overseas universities or R&D institutions；
● Normally, having Ph.D. degree granted by overseas educational institutions;
● Normally, not holding any full-time job in China; If already working in China, then the job should not start more than one year ago;
● Willing to work at IGCAS for 3 consecutive years with at least 9 months at IGCAS for each year;
● In principle, having not filed the RPFE application twice before.
3. Application Materials
● Application forms and instruction (click here to download)
4. Important Notes for Applicants
● Please fill up the application forms truly and completely.
● Applications containing information believed to be either fraudulent or plagiarized will be rejected or canceled.
● Please do not include any confidential information in the application materials.
● Before applying for RPFE, the applicant shall reach an agreement or intention with IGCAS by which he/she shall work at IGCAS for 3 consecutive years with at least 9 months at IGCAS for each year.
● In principle, the same applicant cannot apply RPFE more than twice.
5. Contact information
Division of the CPC and Human Resources
Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
46 Guanshui Road
Guiyang, Guizhou Province, P.R. China
Contacts: FENG Xinbin, ZHANG Huan
Phone: +86-851-85895883；+86-851-85891187; FAX: +86-851-85895883; E-mail: email@example.com；firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please send the application materials to both of the above E-mail addresses)
6. Additional Remark
The Institute will cover the round trip expenses for the on-site interviews for the invited overseas experts.